Golf Shop Assistant
Sandpiper Resort is looking for a Golf Shop Assistant for the 2021 season. This position will include working in the Golf Shop but will also assist the Head Golf Professional with activities related to golf operation. The successful candidate will be required to work in the Golf Shop during the season, and have the opportunity to build a Junior Program, teach Clinics and Adult Lessons and assist in organizing club events. This is a great opportunity for an energetic Professional who has a desire to develop and implement lesson and coaching programming.
· Promote and maintain a high standard of Golf Shop operations
· Assist with running golf leagues
· Assist with supervising the Golf Shop staff
· Manage and book tee times
· Process payments for green fees and merchandise.
· Carry out opening and closing duties for the pro shop
· Provide exceptional service to all members and guests
· Assist in the display, promotion, and sales of merchandise
· Ensure the property is always clean and well presented
· Teach private lessons and clinics
· Support and assist in day of activities for club events
· Administrative duties as assigned by the Golf Shop Manager
· PGA Of Canada Member in good standing or aspiring to become a PGA Of Canada Golf Professional
· Strong organizational skills
· Professional attitude
· Computer literate, previous experience with Excel, Word and P.O.S.
· Eager to learn and grow as a Professional
· Hourly Wage $17-$20 per hour depending on qualifications & experience
· 80% of lesson revenue
· Staff meal discount
· Merchandise discounts
· Staff Uniform Package
· Opportunities for growth
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position clearly stated in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their submissions; however, only candidates who have been selected for further consideration will be contacted.